Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all products supplied by Aputure Europe.
These terms and conditions on which Aputure Europe supplies the products are listed on our web shop eu.aputure.com.
These terms and conditions should be carefully read before ordering any products from our website.
When ordering any products from our website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
In case you refuse to accept these terms and conditions you will not be able to order any products from our web shop.
Article 1 – Your status
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- 1. you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- 2. you are at least 18 years old;
When you do not comply with one of the above-mentioned statuses you may not use the services and may not accept the terms and form a binding agreement with Aputure Europe.
Article 2 – The agreement
1. After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order.
2. The agreement will relate only to those products we have confirmed in the order confirmation.
3. Any drawings, photographs, descriptions or advertising we issue, and any photographs, descriptions or illustrations contained on our site, are issued or published solely to provide you with an approximate idea of the products they describe. They do not form part of the contract between you and us or any other contract between you and use for the sale of the Products.
Article 3 – Consumer rights
1. If the consumer exercises his right of returning the product, he reports this within the fourteen (14) day cooling-off period using the standard RMA form completely filled in on the RMA request page or in writing by e-mail.
2. As fast as possible, but within fourteen (14) days from the day following the notification referred to in paragraph 1 and not before an RMA number has been received from Aputure Europe, the consumer shall send the product back. The consumer has the return term in each case taken into account if he returns the product before the cooling-off period has expired.
3. The consumer shall send back the product with its accessories, in the same original condition and packaging (sealed with original Aputure seal).
4. The risk and the burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of returning the product (cooling-off period) lies with the consumer.
5. The consumer shall bear the direct cost of returning the product.
Article 4 – Consumer obligation during cooling-off period
1. During the cooling-off period the consumer shall handle the product and its packaging with care. The consumer will extract or use the product only to the extent necessary to the nature, characteristics and operation of the product. The starting point is that the consumer should only handle and inspect the product as he would in a store.
2. The consumer shall only be liable for depreciation of the product that is the result of a way of coping with the product that goes beyond allowed in paragraph 1.
Article 5 – Refund policy
1. Aputure Europe shall reimburse all payments from the consumer, including any delivery charges charged by Aputure Europe for the returned product without delay, but within 30 days following the day on which the consumer has given notice of cancellation, provided the goods have been returned us in the same condition as delivery.
2. If the consumer has opted for a more expensive method of delivery than the standard delivery of Aputure Europe, then the additional costs for the more expensive method is non-refundable.
3. When returning a product, we recommend using a recorded delivery method, as Aputure Europe will not be liable for any damage or loss whilst in transit.
4. In case consumers claims that the product is defective, Aputure Europe will examine the returned product and will notify the consumer of our intentions to either repair, replace or refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process your repair, replacement or refund as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of receiving the defective product.
Article 6 – Pricing
1. The price of any products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
2. These prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount based on your location.
3. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an order confirmation.
4. Despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a product’s correct price is less than our stated price; we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the product to you. If a product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
5. Aputure Europe is under no obligation to provide the product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an acceptance confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognized by you as a mis-pricing.
Article 7 – Payment
1. Aputure Europe makes use of the payment modules of PayPal and Stripe.
2. We shall not dispatch any products until we receive cleared funds. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until we have received cleared funds. Please be aware that if you are using PayPal as your payment method we reserve the right to not ship to unconfirmed addresses.
3. Your credit/debit card details will be encrypted to minimize the possibility of unauthorized access or disclosure.
Article 8 – Availability and delivery
1. Your order will be fulfilled as soon as possible within 30 days of the date of the acceptance confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
2. Delivery will be made to the address specified in your order.
Article 9 – Risk and title
1. The products will be at consumer risk from the time of delivery.
2. Ownership of the products will only pass to consumer when full payment of all sums due in respect of the products are received, including delivery charges.
Article 10 – Liability
1. Aputure Europe guarantees that any product purchased from us through our web shop is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied.
2. This guarantee does not apply to any defect in the product arising from fair wear and tear, willful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, if you use the product in a way that we do not recommend, your failure to follow instructions, or any alterations or repair you carry out without our prior written approval.
3. Aputure Europe is never obliged to pay any compensation to the buyer or to others, unless there is intent or gross negligence on the side of Aputure Europe. Aputure Europe shall never be liable for consequential or trading loss, indirect damages and profit or loss of turnover.
4. If Aputure Europe, for whatever reason, is required to compensate any damage the compensation will not exceed an amount equal to the invoice value with respect to the product that has been purchased.
Article 11 – Data Protection
1. Except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions, all use of your personal information will be made in accordance with our privacy statement.
2. For your security, when ordering from Aputure Europe we only use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, to ensure you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
3. By registering any of your personal details with us, you are agreeing to allow us to contact you regarding any of our own products or services. We may pass your details to a third party unless otherwise indicated to by you.
Article 12 – Import duty
1. All prices mention on the website are including EU import duty.
2. If consumer orders products from the Aputure Europe web shop for delivery outside the EU, these products may be subject to export/import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination.
3. Consumer will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
4. Consumer must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
Article 13 – Written communications
When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all agreements, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
Article 14 – Transfer of rights and obligations
1. The agreement between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
2. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of an agreement, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
3. We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of an agreement, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the agreement.
Article 15 – Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under an agreement that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications systems or network connections;
Our performance under any agreement is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavors to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the agreement may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
Article 16 – Our right to vary these terms and conditions
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms & Conditions by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Article 17 – Contact information
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at info.eu@Aputure.com.
Telephone: +31 (0)36 202 2396